Episode 40 We Haven't Seen Anything Yet! Year 2 Wrap-Up Play Now
Looking Back and Ahead-
The Future is…
About Financial Literacy Education!
In this episode Kathy and Mark deliver a rousing discussion of where our nation and world is in the context of financial literacy education as we record the final episode of the series 2nd year in mid-February 2011.
It is snowy and cold in NJ and a bright sunny day in FL as our co-hosts record a remote podcast in their new format. (Kathy and her family moved to Florida in summer of 2010.)
Join us for reflection, and retrospection about what has transpired acorss the nation and most recently in the Middle East.
- Does it connect with financial literacy?
- What will it mean?
- Will it last?
While we do not have a crystal ball, we know what we are seeing and can share the perspective of people informed in financial literacy education and pedagogy.
In addition what financial crisis has run through the USA in recent months? And do you know it will affect you students’ future education choices?
Listen in to find out.
Again no futuristic answers, but many issues are raised that the gernal public is not considering and which will crystalize in the coming months and years
Invitations for our listeners also abound and we finish up with a teacher’s rendition of our thanks to McGraw-Hill Companies for funding Year 3.
Resources Related to this Episode
ON THE ROAD
Upcoming Events by Kathy and Mark
- USF Faculty Presentation on Podcasting- Tampa, FL March 23, 2011- Dr. Kathy King
- Dr. King’s Induction into Hall of Fame for International Adult and Continuing Education- Dr. King, Toronto, Canada, April 6-8, 2011
- NCEA Conference Presentation – New Orleans, LA, April 26-27, 2011- Dr. Kathy King
- AERC-CASAE Conference Presentation- Toronto, Canada, June 9-12, 2011- Dr. Kathy King
- ISTE Conference Presentation – Philadelphia, PA, June 26-29, 2011- Dr. Kathy King
- International Technology Conference- Portugal – July 2011- Dr. King (not yet confirmed)
- Distance Learning Conference – Madison WI – Aug 2-4, 2011 Dr. King (not yet confirmed)
- Educause Conference -Dr. King (not yet confirmed)
Leave a comment here on the blog/site
- (C) Talking Financial Literacy is copyrighted by The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2008 – 2011. All rights reserved.
TransformationEd.com for full details of speaking engagements and opportunities to meet Dr King and Mark.
We enjoy meeting our podcast community!
You may contact Mark and Kathy by emailing us at
Our podcast feed is:
Talking Financial Literacy is produced in collaboration among Dr. Kathleen King and Mark Gura and The McGraw-Hill Companies.
Click to Share!