Rod Hames is a teacher at Crews Middle School in Lawrenceville, Georgia, teaching Computer Science and Business. Mark met Rod at the ISTE 2010 Conference in Denver where both were presenting. Rod has distinguished himself in teaching the Stock Market and numerous other aspects of business and economics by developing creative ways to make these subjects come alive for today’s middle school students. An area of particular interest in Rod’s work is his use of research into student engagement which he applies to the teaching of financial literacy.
Continuing the global conversation about personal
financial literacy for educators on
Talking Financial Literacy Podcast
Resources and Articles Mentioned
- Rod’s class website:
Rod’s ISTE Presentation Link(s):
Session Title “Stock Market Simulations: Bullish on Engagement, Blogs, and Brainy Work”
All Terrain Brain
Student Engagement Links and References
- Student Engagement Research Data- Comparing Middle Grade Student Engagement All Classes to Technology Project Based Learning
Facebook page for Financial Literacy:
Welcome to the Talking Financial Literacy Community @ Facebook . We hope folks will join us to share links, photos, comments and discussion. But the discussion board will especially be a space to share resources, plans for integrating financial literacy in classes and support as all of us pose new ideas. ho will be first and second to share who
they are, their basic interests in this area and any needs or resources?
Invitation for Listeners to Participate in the Show
Listen to the details in episode 29 and then email Mark and Kathy about what you have to share. Email us at podcast ( at) talkingfinlit.org
ON THE ROAD
- AAACE Clearwater, FL Presentations (several on technology) – Oct. 24-29, 2010 – Dr. Kathy King
- TSEA Conference- Austin TX – Jan 27, 2011- Dr. Kathy King
- FETC Orlando, FL presentation Feb 3, 2011- Dr. Kathy King
Leave a comment here on the blog/site
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (C) Talking Financial Literacy is copyrighted by The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2008 – 2010. All rights reserved.
See TransformationEd.com for full details of speaking engagements and opportunities to meet Dr King and Mark. We enjoy meeting our podcast community!
You may contact Mark and Kathy by
Our podcast feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/talkingfinlit
Talking Financial Literacy is produced in collaboration among Dr. Kathleen King and Mark Gura and The McGraw-Hill Companies.