Financial insider Ms. Joan Sabella sits down with Mark Gura to discuss how people can wisely and astutely manage their money, and make financial decisions. In this essential episode about personal finance literacy, topics range from credit card choices and use, and benefits of budgets, to mutual funds and risk tolerance surveys. Ms. Sabella has managed MainStay Balanced Fund since its inception in 1989. She is a Managing Director and has been with New York Life and Management LLC since 2000. Resources in this episode include resources for empowering women in finance, risk tolerance calculators and credit card comparison sites.
We predict you may want to share this with the people you care about- warm, friendly conversation enlightening us about critical financial issues.
Ms. Sabella’s Online Financial Counseling Column
“Ask Joan” http://www.newyorklife.com/cda/0,,16592,00.html
Always filled with resources and lively discussion, The Talking Financial Literacy Podcast. Join hosts Mark Gura and Dr. Kathleen P. King (Kathy) for another episode of this series which provides professional development and resources for educators, students and lifelong learners. Financial Literacy is Mission Critical Lifelong Learning.
- Risk Tolerance Calculators
- Credit Card Comparison Sites
- From MSN Money.com
- Credit cards.com
- Next Advisor (many comparisons, including credit cards)
- Financial Women’s Association
- New York Life and Management LLC
- The Equity Investor’s Group
You may contact Mark and Kathy by
- leaving a comment here on the blog/site
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our podcast feed is: http://feeds.feedburner.com/talkingfinlit
Talking Financial Literacy is produced in collaboration among the MS in Adult Education and HRD at Fordham University and The McGraw-Hill Companies.
- (C) Talking Financial Literacy is copyrighted by The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2008. All rights reserved.